School Values for Life
Warren Wood Specialist Academy places great importance on the vision, values and aims of our schools.
The most important thing for us is the well-being of the pupils in our care each day. We believe that a trusting partnership will thrive between us when we all place our pupils at the core of everything we do. This promotes very effective engagement with parents and carers and those professionals involved from other agencies. We want to ensure that your children are happy, safe, healthy and successful. We aim to achieve this through;
- Home-school book communication.
- Involvement of parents/carers in decisions about their child’s education e.g. the annual review of the Education, Care and Health plans, Individual Learning Plan review meetings with our staff team and the team around the child, consultation discussions, and information giving and receiving events including questionnaire feedback.
- Regular contact with class teachers and our support team.
- Invitations to school and community celebrations throughout the year.
- Invitations to social events.
- Family learning activities.
Inspiring creative learners to succeed and flourish in tomorrow’s world.
Mayflower Specialist School Academy Trust is united in delivering a high quality enabling education where all are encouraged to reach their individual potential and achieve personal excellence. Within this happy, safe and supportive learning community we nurture curiosity and promote creativity of thought. These values underpin every child’s social, emotional, educational and physical development in preparation for a fulfilling life.
- To provide a safe, enriching and aspirational specialist provision which enables everyone to flourish.
- To prioritise independence, engagement and resilience through personalised values-led experiences to develop strength of character, positive relationships and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- To promote a love of learning through a multi-sensory, broad & balanced and motivational curriculum to enable learners to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to equip them for fulfilling life.
- To nurture secure early development and learning to ensure children acquire the necessary skills, concepts and attitudes that form part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (link to curriculum page) in an environment where every child feels happy, safe and valued. Children access a wide range of individual, multi-sensory experiences which underpin the EYFS curriculum supported by specialist staff.
- To promote childrens’ understanding and awareness of their place in our world, empowering them to embrace their individuality and that of others with tolerance, kindness and respect. To enable them to be a productive member of any group, whether friendship, class, school, family or in the community. This is achieved by the value we place on working in partnership with families, support agencies and the wider community.